Monday, May 21, 2018

I am a happy mom today

"Hmmmmm, Mumma yummm ..., deeelichious!" exclaimed my daughter with both her thumbs up and a big smile on her face.

Honestly, this does not happen every day. It is not that I am a bad cook, but it is not always possible to meet my toddler daughter's expectations in terms of food. Like almost every toddler my daughter too is fussy about her food. It is an everyday exercise for me to make sure she has finished her food properly.

I am not complaining. In fact, I am enjoying every bit of motherhood. Motherhood cannot be expressed in words. So I am not even going to try to do that. All I am saying is that it is days like today when I feel accomplished.

Really, gone are the days when an appreciation from the boss or promotion or salary hike made me feel accomplished. They do make me happy even today. But the feeling of accomplishment that I get after feeding a healthy meal to my daughter and getting such beautiful and cute remarks from her is something that is not even comparable to the professional achievements. Priceless!


No comments: